Our group meets at The First Unitarian Universalist Church, 4190 Front St, San Diego, Room 323
The Insight San Diego sitting group/dharma study meets on Saturday mornings from 10-11:30 a.m., with an optional group meditation beginning at 9:30. The meeting will formally begin at 10 a.m. with group introductions and check in followed by a dharma talk and group sharing.
Question? Please contact Irene at email@example.com.
Newcomers as well as people new to meditation are always welcome to the group. Drop-ins are welcome. We ask that everyone sign up so that we can plan better. By registering you will receive emails containing program information and other announcements, as well as have access to our online forum on Google Groups.
The focus of this group is traditional Buddhist topics such as the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, the Hindrances, the Three Characteristics, heart practices, etc. given by senior Vipassana teachers from Spirit Rock, Insight Meditation Society, Insight Meditation Center and other Vipassana centers.
Following a 2,500 year tradition known as Dana, the teachings and meditation sessions represented on this website are offered on a generosity (dana) basis. No one will be denied because they cannot pay. We are encouraging members to pay what their budget and hearts of generosity allow, and/or to sign up for monthly giving on our Donations page.
- Mindfulness in Plain English, Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- Meditation for Beginners, Jack Kornfield (scroll down for audio sets)
- The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology, Jack Kornfield (scroll down for audio sets)
- Mindfulness in Daily Life Activities*
- How to Practice Vipassana Insight Meditation
- Buddhism A-Z: 10 Buddhist books everyone should have
- Beginning with Buddhism and meditation — a Lion’s Roar guide
- Thousands of free dharma talks can also be found on audiodharma.org and dharmaseed.org.
- Mindful Sharing Guidelines
- Walking meditation instruction, Tara Brach
- Eating meditation instruction, Andrea Fella
- Insight Timer
- Lotus Bud
*Check downloads folder if document does not open