INSIGHT SAN DIEGO DEEP STUDY PROGRAM 2014- 2015
"A Practical Guide to Awakening" with Joseph Goldstein
All classes will be held on Wednesday evenings 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm. See directions to center. Deepen your experience and purchase the book that inspired the course. If you have missed a session, you can click on title of each Discussion Topic to read more. As an introduction to several of the fundamental terms used in the teachings, Joseph describes consciousness, mindfulness/awareness, and wisdom in the talk Clarification of Terms.
This class is offered freely and open to drop-ins. Sign up here to receive weekly emails containing class information, links to the recorded dharma talks, and other announcements.
We've added a final class session on 10/14/2015 "Looking Back / Looking Forward" as an opportunity for the group to reflect on the course.
Visit our archive page to see information about past sessions including links to the recorded talk.
Expand your participation via our blog.
Make the most out of your practice, sign up to lead a week! Use the form below the calendar to inquire about
Thank you for your interest in being a practice facilitator. This role is one of the most important parts of this new Insight San Diego undertaking. It is through facilitated discussion, guided meditation, voluntary home practices, and personal reflection that the pearls of wisdom in the Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening will truly become integrated into our daily life.
* Listen to the taped dharma talk that corresponds with the particular study week you intend to facilitate.
* Read the corresponding chapter in Mindfulness: A Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein.
* Prepare 3-5 questions or statements on this material with the intention of germinating discussion among those present.
* On the day of the meeting, facilitate a 20-30 minute discussion among participants.
* Prepare and present 2-4 practices that participants can use during the week to incorporate what they have heard.
* Submit a summary of your facilitated session, including questions and practices to for publication on the blog.
How to sign up.
1. Sign Up in Class: A clipboard will be passed around each meeting allowing participants to sign up as discussion leaders.
2. Referring to the topics listed on the Calendar please indicate below the specific Topic Date, and/or Week Number you would like to facilitate in the form below.
3. Expect to receive a follow up email from Alby Quinlan or Margo Wilding who will be scheduling a phone conversation for support or questions prior to being a facilitator. This means you will need to have reviewed the materials by Sunday prior to the Wed. meeting you will be facilitating.